Monday, November 10, 2008

MUM's QUILT for the POOR KITTIES!

This is the quilt made for the SAVE THE KITTIES raffle. It is 76" X 90" and is a MAINE made, hand tied quilt made by my Mum and her sisters. Their maiden name was YOUNG. The back of the quilt is filled with little animals running... (through the woods to the next letterbox perhaps)...
This is a close up of one of the squares. See the Kaleidoscope effect?Many thanks to my new friend 1SG for enhancing the pictures to true colors...
The BIG picture... My bed is a California King and as you can see it fits very nicely with a small overhang... The top of the quilt shown here is actually cut from the same fabric as the back but each piece is duplicated to make it look like a Kaleidoscope...

The YOUNG sisters will meet tomorrow to work on their next quilt(s)... I have asked them for a picture to post so you can see the faces behind these wonderful women...


5 comments:

Bobguyman said...

Wow BYR! That is an amazing quilt! WOW!! Look at all the colors, shapes, patterns! Wow! =D

~BOB~

DrWatson said...

Mum and Sis made a wonderful quilt. I WANT THAT QUILT!!

k1s2c3-Jones said...

Wow!! I really want that quilt too! There may be a fight over this thing!! Can't wait to see the creators of the quilt!

Renee Fister-Lee said...

Love this quilt...I'll be holding my breath on the 29th...keeping my fingers crossed :o) Kitty notecards and money on the way,
Turtlelove

Mama Huntin Dog said...

Oh Boney...how beautiful! I made a (much much much smaller) version of this quilt pattern a long time ago and the instructor called it "Stack and Whack". You had to very painstakingly stack/line up all of the fabric and whack it all at once to make sure that each of those little triangles contained the exact same piece of pattern in order for the effect to work. (Mine had little kids swimming so it looked like synchronized swimmers!) What hard work your mum and sisses put into this! I never win anything so I figure I'm due...the rest of y'all can go buy a quilt from Wal-Mart! Ha! :)
Mama Huntin Dog