Wednesday, September 10, 2008

HALLOWEENIE

It
is
no
secret

...

Halloween is my favorite time of year...

I love the cooler nights,
colored leaves

and the ability to dress up,
and be someone else,
without seeming too weird...

:)
I hope...

My favorite Halloween
was spent with the man of my nightmares...
Vincent Furnier,
or you may recognize him as
Alice Cooper.

He came to Fremont a few years back.
So I donned a heavy fur coat, (to stay warm),
my pearly white fangs,
and even red contact lenses...


I grabbed a photograph of him,
that had been a gift a few years earlier,
and went to wait in line for his autograph...


I was second in line.
The guy in front of me brought his guitar
to be autographed.
About four cool hours later
the doors opened
and we were allowed
to have our picture taken,
as you can see...
and get one autograph...


It was great to meet the guy
who sang all those cool songs
back in the 70's...
I think I knew all the words
to all his songs
back then...
We would ride around,
in my blue Chevy El Camino,
crank up his tunes,
in the tape player
and play frisbee,
in the middle of the road...


Who could believe, decades later,
he would still be going strong,
still singing and performing
like it was just yesterday...
and he was still tall
(well at least taller than me)
dark
(in more ways than one...)
and handsome
(even without the eye makeup) ,
and he even dressed in leather ...

I even liked his snake...


and you
KNOW...

Bone Yard Recorder
don't like snakes...


It was a real treat, that I will not soon forget...



I bought Sister a crystal ball that night...


So let's dress up...
and
TRICK or TREAT...

Boo!
Bone Yard Recorder

3 comments:

Pioneer Spirit said...

I've only had the opportunity to meet a few famous or infamous people although it can be easy if you go to the right places.

I suppose the most famous person I met shortly before he died was General Paul Tibbets who commanded the Enola Gay on it's mission with an Atomic Bomb.

snapdragon said...

Sounds like a fun time, BYR :)

I once met Billy Bob Thorton...he was just walking around the Columbus Arts Festival. Really nice guy, let me take a photograph with him (pays to carry a camera with you at all times ;) gave me an autograph, and even called me darlin'.

My mom tells me that Phil Donahue once patted me...when I was in her belly ;)

Oh yeah, and I've met Cooter...from the Dukes of Hazard...and the General Lee, too ;)

DrWatson said...

ALICE!!! Whoohoo. A few years ago I went to the Arnold Schwarzenegger
Classic. I saw Wesley Snipes and then at the expo I walked up on some huge guy or rather he walked up on me. I looked up and it was Arnold. I was eating a power cookie and I spit cookie on his sleeve as I was yelling "ARNOLD".