Saturday, September 6, 2008

I'D RATHER BE MARION OHIO, THAN DAYTON...

That's right I have fallen in love with MARION...
I will consider this place home too...

I went to MARION,
to find my friend Forrest...
and to stop for a mystery box,
and to see a little red-haired girl...
I took my clues...
and went on a mid-morning hike...
I heard I would find him in his "room"...
He had left his mark in many places,
and the clues took me on a trip
that was just beautiful...

This is a hike you should soon take.

I was on a quest to break F-500.
Just to show myself I could.
As Coffee Mug and Granny Butterfly say...
"we're not into numbers and noses...
just out to have a good time..."
to converse with nature...
and feel the cool breeze
blowing through my hair...

How is it that I have lived over a half century now
but feel under a quarter century old?

Maybe it is because of that fresh Ohio air.

Going to the quarry
brought back many good feelings
about home...
and being 21...

When I was younger
I used to hike up to the Quarry,
around the Prospect, Maine area,
with old friends.

That is where part a of the movie
PET CEMETERY,
by Stephen King,
was filmed.

My Mom and nephew
went to the filming every day
and took a bunch of pictures...

The best part of that
was getting photographs,
first hand,
of the cemetery
and the movie sets.

The downside was listening to how the movie was made,
and how the stunts were done...
It kinda took the thrill out of seeing the movie.

The part of the movie,
where the guy goes to the top of that mountain,
where all the Indian stones are piled,
is the quarry where we used to swim.

Not many Mainiacs,
who live in that part of Maine,
haven't been to the quarry.

Last time I went up there
I noticed the NO TRESSPASSING sign
and the German Shephards,
that are there to guard the entrance,
and I sighed...
just another memory now...
not to be revisited.

Too bad...
It was a magical time...

But now I have new friends
and new adventures
and new memories...

I look for places to go
that remind me of home...
it makes Ohio more like home
every day.

And there's no place like home...

No comments: